1. Goods sold in the UK mainland may be returned at the sole discretion of Fridgeland for
a refund, partial refund, exchange or replacement within 7-days provided they are
returned unused, complete, in a saleable condition and in their original packaging.
2. The customer must request a return in writing to Fridgeland within 7 days of receipt of
goods stating the reason and agreeing to the restocking charge.
3. Items returned will be subject to a restocking fee which is payable by the customer.
4. No refunds or partial refunds will be paid until such time as goods have been returned
and inspected by the company and/or manufacturer and until such time as the
Fridgeland, the manufacturer and/or supplier has deemed them to be unused, complete,
in a saleable condition and in their original packaging.
5. Certain Goods cannot be returned for hygiene purposes.
6. Certain Goods such as knives or other hazardous items must be returned in adequate
postal packaging for health and safety reasons.
7. Certain last-in-line, graded, special offer or special-order Goods may also be nonreturnable
and will be flagged accordingly on the Fridgeland website or sales literature.
8. Goods that are damaged due to delivery must be reported to Fridgeland within 24
9. Large Goods such as refrigerators must be inspected by the Customer on delivery for
damage and an acceptance of delivery docket completed noting any damage that
resulted from delivery. If goods are accepted (instead of being rejected and sent back
on the original delivery vehicle) at the time of delivery with damage noted, it shall be at
the sole discretion of Fridgeland if a return will be granted and restocking charges may
be applied to such items.
10.No Goods will be sold on a 'sale or return' basis without prior written approval by
11.Old electrical & electronic equipment may be disposed of by prior arrangement in
compliance with WEEE regulations. Full details of Fridgeland's WEEE compliance policy
are available on the terms and conditions page.